Who We Are?
The ADP provides free confidential information and advice, so that disabled people and people with long term health conditions, employers, and advisors can make informed decisions about impairment-related work issues. Our services fulfill the real need that individuals and businesses have to gain appropriate support and accessible plain English information that allows them to address the barriers they may face to full workplace inclusion. Indeed, through our email, service, we provide support to individuals and employers at every stage of the recruitment and in a wide variety of work situations.
What are our aims?
What do we do?
What Issues Do We Cover?
- guidance on effective job hunting;
- advice on barriers or difficulties encountered whilst at work, in training, or in education;
- support with setting up in business or continuing in business with an impairment;
- advice on benefit-related issues; and
- information about approaching statutory bodies (e.g. Access to Work), educational or training establishments, and employers when difficulties arise.
- guidance on effective and accessible recruitment;
- guidance on the retention of existing employees who may develop an impairment;
- support to manage and implement reasonable adjustments; and
- advice about approaching and supporting employees about Access to Work..